High Quality Memory

 Low quality photo but the highest quality memory. 

February 2010.  It was a rotten hard winter that was preceded by hardest year ever after almost losing my dad multiple times from a horse wreck that had him still laid up from previous June.  My hubby and I had been running ourselves ragged taking care of over 1000 head of momma cows with help from a couple day workers when needed.  I spent more time horseback that year than I had in the previous 15.  We had a rare day totally off after chores because it was snowing so hard you could barely see and he was bound and determined to make his Dr’s check up 60 miles away.  So we headed out with snow on the highway a foot deep. No tracks, no snow plows, nobody out but but him & I.  Thankful Jesus was riding shotgun. 


The photos I captured that day on my old point and shoot @kodak will forever burn a memory in my heart.  The world was at a complete standstill except for us.  It was like it was just me and my cowboy against the world and we were surrounded by this cold cold beauty but we had each other to stay warm.  These cowponies belonged to an absentee neighbor and my kind hearted man through extra hay on the back of the truck when we left which I thought was to weigh the truck down but turns out he knew these colts would need some feed.  I was reminded in that simple gesture on this day that THIS was the man I was meant to do life with.  This was the man that would ride through hell for me, for my family and never once have to be asked.  All  of a sudden all the hard and bad we’d been through in the past 8 months faded away and I knew everything in my world was right again.



Comments

Popular Posts