A little Eggnog goes a long ways......



Tis the Season, when once a year smells sneak out of the kitchen to tickle your nose & delight your taste buds.  I have 2 favorite flavors at Christmas time, peppermint and eggnog!!  The cowboy does NOT, I repeat does NOT like eggnog???  Seriously how did I marry someone who has such awful taste??  Oh wait, he chose me so maybe his taste isn't so bad after all!! LOL

I am not sure where I first go the idea for this pie a few years back, I just remember reading a recipe & thinking that would be great with eggnog!!  So the first time I made it I waited until I was cooking for cowboys and knew dad would be there, he loves eggnog too!!  It was a HIT!!  And...................  the cowboy love love loved it!!!!  He could not believe it had eggnog in it!! I think the vanilla pudding & cool whip cut the flavor so it is not so strong.


Eggnog Banana Cream Pie

1 small box vanilla pudding
1 3/4 cup of eggnog
1 small cool whip
2 banana's sliced
1 graham cracker crust
nutmeg to sprinkle



With your mixer blend the pudding & eggnog first.  Add in the cool whip until well blended.
I spread just a tad of the mixture into the pie shell then place the banana's on top.  I think it makes the crust soften up a tad faster.


Then I pour the rest of the pudding/eggnog mixture over the top.  Push it down into the banana's with your spatula.  Sprinkle with nutmeg.  Cover & refrigerate at least 8 hours, over night is even better to get all the flavor's to have a mingle party that will make your taste buds holler!!  LOL 



A note:  If you don't have a handy lil' pie carrier to put this in, then there is usually to much to put the lil' plastic lid that comes with the crust to keep from smashing the pie.  So.......   I put the left over in a cute mug for the cowboy & let him eat that so my pie has longer to enjoy it's mingle party before he just has to cut into it!!

Enjoy!  Peace, love, cowboys & pie,
Kara






Comments

Popular Posts