Cowgirl Wisdom 101

Cowgirl Wisdom 101:  "Sometimes the Cowboy SHOULD listen to the Cowgirl!"

Perfect example of this, this morning here at the ranch.  We had a blizzard yesterday & got anywhere from 6 to 12 inches.  Drifts are deep in some places.  I was on the front porch taking a few pictures early this a.m. & thought I hope the cowboy does NOT take THAT road he is sure to bury the pickup if he does.  You see, I almost got stuck on the 4-wheeler out there when we had just a few inches last month, if anything drifts it catches right there!! 


The cowboy was able to make the rounds in the pastures east of the house & came by on his way to hit the lower pastures.  I asked him, "which way are you going???"  He said the dreaded words, "That way"  I told him,  "you will get stuck".........   He looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about and off he went...  I watched & waited, camera in hand on the front porch...


There he goes.......


Hmmmmmmm, shoulda listened to the wifey there cowboy!  Ok so I tried really hard NOT to laugh, but I just had too!  I think the dogs were giggling too!  LOL

So I quickly pulled on my boots and Super Cowgirl Cape!!  Off to rescue my cowboy!  Saddled up the 4-wheeler and went to pickup that handsome man walking all by his lonesome out in the pasture.  "Need a ride?"  He just looked at me & shook his head. 

The rest of the morning was spent in some of what I call
"Precious cowboy & wife bonding moments on the Ranch!" 
LOL


Did I mention when I threw on my Super Cowgirl Cape, I still had on my warm fuzzy round the house britches??  Ok, so some of you would call them jammies.  But I don't ware em' at night, just during the day so....  they are britches.  Well, said warm fuzzy britches aren't so warm n fuzzy when you are hip deep in snow! Just sayin' !!!!


Might as well snap a few pictures while the cowboy is hooking up the chains & giving me instructions on how to steer backwards while he pulls the truck with the tractor!! I just kept smiling & snappin pictures.  Oh how I LOVE these precious moments.  LOL


Needless to say I passed steering backwards....


and I heard her exclaim as he drove out of sight.......

"Drive safe my Cowboy & make it home tonight!"








Comments

  1. If we don't get stuck, we can't use it as an excuse to get y'all out of the house.

    It takes commitment, planning, and little acts of God (like snow) to make y'all feel important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsies! :)

    If you don't mind my asking, what ranch do ya'll live on?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts