Pray when it gets Sticky

Have you ever found yourself in a really sticky situation, you know somewhere you wish you weren't?  My Momma was in of those last Thursday.  She was painting at the Senior Center on a ladder when she lost her balance, fell and in falling she tried to keep the paint from spilling and ended up breaking her hip in 3 places.  A long ambulance ride followed to Amarillo where they did surgery.  She now has a rod from her hip to her knee.  She is still in there on the P.T. floor until probably next Tuesday.  I was talking with her earlier and asked her how she was feeling, she said "I hurt like Hell!!"  That is when I knew she was in allot pain, because if you know My Momma, she almost never cusses!!  I think, no, I know the last time I heard here cuss was 2006!!  And she was mad as Hell!

Fade back to 2006.  Mom and I have just returned from seeing her parents and my Aunt & Uncle in Wisconsin.  We get home and daddy tells us the momma cat had moved her kittens out of the shop and down to the dump while we were gone.  He has been seeing the kittens but no momma for a few days now.  If you live out in the country this can usually mean only one thing..........  she ended up coyote bait and we now have 5 orphans on our hands.  So the next day I climb in my old ranch pickup & go get mom with tuna cans in hand and we head to the dump.  After about 1 & 1/2 hours we finally have all 5 kittens lured out of the dump & in my pickup and take them over to the hay barn where I had made them a nice little safe place to grow up.  Mom heads to the house to get food & water, I start looking under the seat to find the kittens. I start to pull the first one out and it is stuck, stuck to a sticky trap that is!!!  You know those big sticky things you use to catch mice and rats on.  Seems daddy lent my pickup to the hired man while I was gone and his was broke down.  They have a bad rodent problem at his place so dad threw not 1 but 4 sticky traps under the seat of my pickup and forgot about them...........  all 5 kittens where Stuck to the Glue traps!  I drive up to the house and tell momma and start pulling out those poor babies.  Did I mention they all had LONG hair!!!  About the time I got the 4th kitten out Daddy walked into the garage completely unaware and asked "What are you doing?" 
Well it all went downhill from there, momma let him have it with both barrels and a few cuss words came flying out too.  Daddy was soon at the wash sink washing kittens with mom.  My hubby walked in about the time daddy complained about having to wash kittens & momma went for round 2.  My husband being the extremely smart man he is turned right around and went back to the barn. LOL  We got as much off as we could & dad wanted us to still put them in the hay barn, I burst out laughing at the vision of 5 little bitty kittens walking around like little hay balls!!!  They were still sticky and anything and everything was going to stick to them.  Needless to say dad had a litter box & 5 cute little kittens in his pristine tack room for a few weeks until the sticky wore off..... I still giggle at the thought of daddy every morning out in his tack room where he would spend a few minutes in prayer before starting the day.  This big tough cowboy, prayin' to the father above with 5 little kitten's playing at his feet and in his lap.  I wonder if he prayed over those kittens as much as he did for mom to forget how mad she was???

When mom was telling me about her fall, she told me how dad & one of their neighbor ranchers came in from shipping cattle, a couple of men where there & some of the women she had been working with at the Senior Center.  They all stood around her before the ambulance got there and prayed.  She could have been hurt allot worse, praise God she wasn't.  It is going to be a long road till she is on her feet again but she is one tough lady.

My Momma


So the next time you find yourself in a sticky situation, I promise prayer will either get you through it or out of it....................................

Peace, Love & Cowboys,  
Kara

Comments

  1. What a great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope your momma has a speedy recovery.. bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts