Lets Talk Turkey

I have recently made three new friends, I call them Tom, Thomas & Tommy!! Or Tom, Tom & Tom for short. LOL

On a warm fall afternoon riding the 4 wheeler on the river I stopped to take a few pictures of about 16 wild turkeys.  Sitting on the ground quietly, three of them waddled away from the flock straight towards me!!  They walked right up to me like we were long lost best friends and Gobbled as if to say, "Hey friend where have you been?"  Since that day they have become my river buddies, always breaking away from the flock to come say hello & see if maybe I might have brought them a little treat.  My husband has nicknamed me the "Turkey Whisperer" as they still won't have anything to do with him.  He shakes his head in amazement as I step out of the pickup and do my not so great turkey call & Tom, Tom & Tom coming waddling up.

It is differently one of the most bizarre experiences I have had amongst the wildlife here on the ranch, but one that makes me laugh & touches my heart.  Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone they are still as friendly as ever so it was not just a ploy to avoid the dinner table!!!

Comments

Popular Posts