Beef It's What's for Dinner - Golden Mushroom Stroganoff



Branding season is underway in Northeastern New Mexico.  My favorite season of the year!! Needless to say I pouted all the way into town to my big girl job because I was not at the branding pens to take photo's..... 

  I did decide that the cowboy was going to need some stick to your ribs good comfort food tonight so I pulled out the crock pot early this morning.  I walked in the backdoor about 4:30 to the lovely aroma of Golden Mushroom Stroganoff and had supper on the table a lil' after 5.  I LOVE my crock pot!! 

Some of you have asked for this recipe so here it is:


2 pounds cubed stew meat, sirloin or cubed steak
( I use cubed steak)
2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 largish onion diced
4 tablespoons of Worcestershire
 3 soup cans water
8 oz of cream cheese


In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients, except the meat AND the Cream Cheese, together. Once combined add the meat and mix together.

Cook on Low for 8 to 10hours. I use a potato masher to break the meat into smaller pieces after cooking.  Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crock pot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes. I think the cream cheese is what really brings this dish together.  IF I was cooking it just for me I would add a big can of mushrooms!! But the cowboy thinks mushrooms are bad, so I didn't add any.

I Serve over egg noodles cooked, then add some real butter
( Yep I am a Paula Dean in cowboy boots! LOL) and add some sea salt & garlic.
 Or you can serve over mashed potatoes.



Great comfort, stick to your ribs, make by cowboy happy kinda meal!!
He even loves the asparagus roasted in the oven with a lil' olive oil & sea salt,
the dogs like it too!! LOL 
ENJOY!! 


Peace, Love & Cowboy's.......
Kara

Comments

Popular Posts