Cowboy's Love Pinto's...... Beans that is.

Cowboy's love pinto beans almost like it is a religion.  Mine loves them!  I like them ok enough but I don't like what they do to him so I limit his intake. LOL!!   I mean I AM the one who lives & sleeps with him!!  Yes, I know all about Beano & all the other tricks, but I always seem to forget when I am cooking them......

II am trying to cook healthier for the 2 of us so I implemented the Meatless Monday. 
 I have to say tho I have failed at it both Mondays since I started this :(
And let me just say being a ranchers daughter & wife this is not easy.
You know...... "BEEF it's what's for Dinner"

We had fried egg sammy's with bacon for lunch. FAIL!!  So I decided I had to succeed for supper.  Since the cowboy loves beans & I just happen to have a big zip lock bag full of them in the freezer I decided to try something new.  I've been seeing lots of bean soup recipes lately & decided to invent one of my own.
Needless to say it was so yummy the cowboy ate a lil over 2 bowls full!!  Of course he did add that it would probably be better if it had some hamburger in it!!  LOL   


Cowboy Creamy Pinto Bean Soup

I used about 5 cups of left over pinto beans I had in the freezer
(Mine had lots of juice in it)
you could substitute 2 or 3 cans.
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream chicken soup
2 cans rotel
( I used 2 jars of my homemade rotel that has garlic & onions in it.)
Couple pinches of Pinto Bean seasoning
Couple pinches of chefs black pepper

Brought to a boil then simmered for about 30 mins.

served with tortilla chips
and topped with
shredded sharp cheese
roasted green chili salsa
**I would have added sour cream on top IF I had it
and maybe some fresh cilantro....

p.s. the chicken broth & cream of chicken makes this
kind of another FAIL on Meatless Monday......

Enjoy!!

Peace, love n Cowboy's
Kara

Comments

  1. I just showed this to Reilly and Griffin and now they are waiting in the car ready to head south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I'm really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually frustrating. A good blog with exciting content, this is} what I need. Thank you for keeping this web-site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.
    Electronic Hand-Held Hanging Scale - 55 lbs x 0.05lb capacity

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Carol I do not do a newsletter. But I do have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockin-K-Bar-Photography/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts